POWER-FIT ADULT MOUTHGUARDS
- LEVEL: Elite+
- NUMBER OF LAYERS: 3 (2 outer layers plus inner fins)
- PATENTED FINS: 13 anatomically positioned fins in an Ultra-Flow Gel material create a superior custom-fit inner channel which results in ultimate fit, retention & comfort
- OUTER LAYERS: Ultra impact-resistant outer layers made from 1 coloured EVA and 1 clear EVA laminate providing optimum protection
- STRETCH ZONES: Unique design stretch zones allow the mouthguard to fit almost any mouth
- CAGE: Allows an easy and accurate fitting process with pressure being applied evenly over the entire outer surface of the mouthguard resulting in the best ever fit and retention from a Self-Fit type mouthguard
- PALATE: Anatomically shaped wide open front palate for even greater ease of breathing and speaking
- BIOMASTER: Mouthguard and case contain Biomaster which protects them from microbial growth
- AGE: 10+ WARRANTY LEVEL: £/$ 20,000
The Power-Fit was developed following consumer research highlighting that the most important features wearers look for in a mouthguard:
- Retention and fit
- Ease of molding
- Ease of speech and breathing when the mouthguard is in place
THE OPRO POWER-CAGE
The Power-Fit is a unique combination of the Power-Fit mouthguard with its patented fins and custom-made shell together with the patented Power-Cage.
The cage consists of an outer and inner tray, which fit one inside the other, and it is into this tray system that the mouthguard is placed. As the wearer bites down onto the mouthguard, the Power-Cage compresses it onto the teeth resulting in a perfectly moulded mouthguard that fits snugly around the teeth and soft tissue providing the ultimate fit and retention.
Molding a Self-Fit mouthguard is not always simple – you are handling a pliable, rubber-like material, which although when cooled is highly protective, is vulnerable in its softened state and this is where the Power-Cage comes into its own. Common problems when molding a Self-Fit mouthguard involve aligning the mouthguard centrally in the mouth, difficulty in applying even pressure around the teeth and gums during the molding process and not biting through the back of the mouthguard during fitting.
Using the Power-Cage eliminates all of these issues by enabling the consumer to:
- Position the mouthguard accurately and centrally over the teeth during molding
- Transmit a more powerful biting force by using the Power-Cage, resulting in a highly retentive and tight fit, rather than pressing onto the mouthguard solely with fingers
- Achieve an even compression over the entire surface of the mouthguard for an extremely even fit